FACE Initial Enrollment Forms – 2016/2017
Thank you for enrolling in FACE! Please keep this letter for your reference.
Requirements & Policies
Enrollment Forms and Payment:
The forms can be filled out on your computer, saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, remember to include a credit card number, make a payment by Paypal, or mail a check to the school mailing address (6704 W 98th Cir., Westminster, CO 80021). The forms can also be filled out by hand and mailed with payment to the mailing address. Note that the enrollment fees are a family cost for all students being enrolled in FACE who are part of your immediate family, each high school student has additional fees. All fees are non-refundable. All downloadable forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Records Only Enrollment Option ($50):
Record-keeping of attendance and achievement test scores/evaluations
Advantages of Full-Access Enrollment Option ($75 base, $50 in addition for each 9th-11th grade, $190 in addition for each 12th grader):
- Enrollment in a private school
- Choose own curriculum
- Full-Access discount, (15%), on all Friday classes
- Record-keeping of grades, attendance, and achievement test scores/evaluations
- Home School Legal Defense Association membership discount
- Annual achievement testing available grades K-12 - at cost
- Educational Evaluation available - at cost
- Membership in FACE chapter of National Honor Society if qualified
- Lettering program
- School yearbook and student ID's at cost
- Priority Access to all FACE activities
- Warren Tech partner program
- Work permits
- High school transcript consultation - No charge
- High school transcript - No charge
- Official record of grades for "Good Student" car insurance discount-No charge
Additional Fees for Non-Full Access:
- High school transcript consultation - $50
- Official Transcript of Coursework - $50
- Classes at monthly cost
- Field Trips and other activities at cost, when space is available
- CAT Test - $32
- CAT /InView - $52
- IOWA Test - $32
- IOWA/CogAT - $52
- Proctored IOWA - $63
- Proctored IOWA/CogAT - $79
- PSAT (October) - $25
- Educational Evaluation - $45 for first child in family, $35 for second child in family, $25 for each additional child, if scheduled at the same time.
Attendance (For Records Only and Full-Access Enrollment):
- Create your own username and password on the school website to enable you to submit attendance.
- Submit monthly attendance for students ages 6 and up.
- Attendance submissions are due at the end of each month, and should be received no later than the 10th of the following month.
- Attendance reporting may be completed by going to the school website at www.faceschool.com, click on the appropriate form (Elementary E-Form or High School E-Form) on the front page.
- School policy is: “If attendance submissions are not received for two consecutive months, the family is automatically withdrawn from FACE and will be charged a re-enrollment fee of $25. If attendance submissions are not received for three consecutive months, the family will be required to reapply, and will be charged full tuition fee.” NO 15% discount for classes will be given if attendance is delinquent.
- Students should acquire 172 days per year at an average of 4 hours per day.
- The State of Colorado requires students be tested or evaluated if they are in grades 3, 5, 7, 9, or 11th, it is optional with FACE. It will be up to the parent to determine what is needed for their child's future.
- Testing is available through FACE year-round. You will have the option of the CAT (California Achievement Test) or the ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills), unless your student is being evaluated by a professional. You can also use FACE’s resource for evaluation, which is less expensive than evaluators outside our group.
FACE Policies 2016/2017:
FACE classes are held at Northglenn Christian Church (NCC) at the corner of 105th and Irma in Northglenn. The church is very generous to our organization through the use of their facility. While on the church premises, all parents and children are required to observe posted signs limiting access to certain areas of the facility.
-While on the premises, ALL parents and children are required to observe posted signs limiting access to certain areas of the facility.
-FACE members are expected to show appreciation of the facility by maintaining its cleanliness, respecting church staff and accommodating other church events. Northglenn Christian Church is a blessing that must not be taken for granted.
-Please remember that we only use this facility for classes – if you have questions about FACE or our classes, please call FACE, not the church.
Registration and Tuition:
- Class registration dates are noted on the Handy Reference Guide. Signups will be accepted up to one week later, but will be assessed a $10 late charge. No signups will be accepted more than one week late. This does not apply to first-time signups of new families.
- Classes are paid monthly per four week session.
- There may be additional supply fees or other stipulations depending on the needs of the class (including class size limits). Refer to the CLASS DESCRIPTIONS for this information. One-time fees are to be paid directly to the teachers. If they are not paidprompty, your chld may not receive full benefit of the class. All fees are non-refundable.
- Payment in full is required at time of signup. Payments can be made via cash, check, credit card or Paypal. Classes are non-refundable and students must continue with their scheduled classes until the next signup.
- Classes offer a wide variety of educational, spiritual, patriotic, moral and creative opportunities. It is the parent’s full responsibility to understand the class content and determine if the material is appropriate for his/her student and to ensure that you are in agreement with what is covered and discussed. Parents are encouraged to attend classes as often as they like.
-Visiting privileges are reserved ONLY for families who are possibly interested in homeschooling through FACE.
-All visitors must check-in at the Main table, and may tour the facility with a representative from FACE.
-Visitors will be issued passes and may visit for a single day for observational purposes without financial responsibility.
-Children enrolled in other schools may NOT visit, or assist in, classes due to lack of classes at their school, etc... unless there are extenuating circumstances, previously approved by Administration.
-FACE Members that are not signed up for classes, may NOT visit Friday classes unless there are extenuating circumstances, and pre-approved by Administration.
Friday Arrival and Departure:
-Friday school currently operates from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM with occasional events offered in the afternoon.
-NO students should be in a class before 8:25 AM (or their first class)
-ALL students must be picked up promptly at the end of their scheduled day. Arriving and departing promptly ensures the next scheduled event at NCC will run efficiently.
Adult Supervision Information:
- Parents must provide appropriate adult supervision to ensure the safety of their children when their child is not in a class, this includes lunch break.
- Students are NOT allowed on the premises without parental, or parental appointed adult, supervision. This means that your child must be enrolled in a class or in close physical proximity to their parent, or previously appointed by parent, at all times.
- FACE, and/or Administration, is not responsible for children left unattended, and teachers are not responsible for supervision of children between classes. It is important that current cell phone/emergency numbers be on file with the school.
- It is critically important for students to be supervised at all times. Therefore, students are not allowed to wander or hang out in the hallways, empty rooms, parking lot areas, or anywhere outdoors, unless accompanied by their parent or appointed adult.
- Students not enrolled in a class, and not under adult supervision, will be asked to stay at the Main Desk and there will be a $20 charge for students not supervised, per incident.
- Students should move from class to class without running, yelling, or horseplay, being considerate of others and respectful of the church property.
- We understand that sometimes a student just cannot find a class during a certain hour, or it is not financially feasible for a student to have a class each hour. In light of that, students will be allowed to be in “Study” a MAXIMUM of 1 class period, without charge, however, students must remain in the common area with their parent at all times.
- Failure to remain in common area, or be in direct supervision of an adult, will cause the student to lose this privilege. There will be a $20 charge for students not supervised, or having more than 1(one) “Study Hall” time.
- If a student fails to follow these rules, (s)he will no longer be entitled to enrollment in classes.
Should it become necessary to cancel classes due to inclement weather or a conflict with the church calendar (i.e. – funeral), every attempt will be made to contact you via email. Please check your email Friday morning for any last minute announcements about classes. Cancellations will also be announced on the school phone line at 303-204-5191. Please be advised that should classes need to be cancelled, there will be NO makeup classes and NO refunds.
-Students must show respect to the authority of teachers and FACE staff at all times.
-During passing periods students must move quickly to their next scheduled class without loitering in the hallways.
-Students should move from class to class without running, yelling, or horseplay, being considerate of others and respectful of the church property.
-Remember the church is conducting business while we are there. We need to share a true representation of homeschool families, our morals, responsibility, traditions, and our values.
What Not To Bring To School:
-Electronic equipment including, but not limited to, Game Boys, gaming systems, CD players, MP3 players, laptop computers, or any other electronic device not intended for class purposes. Some of these items may be allowed in certain classes – it is at the teacher’s discretion.
-Cell phones must be on vibrate, or off, and put away while attending classes.
-Inappropriate materials and activities such as tobacco, pets, cards, trading cards, hackie sack and role playing games are not allowed.
-Any paraphernalia deemed as a possible weapon, including, but not limited to, knives, pocket knives, imitation or toy guns, etc... There will be a “zero tolerance” policy in this area.
-If above items are brought to school they will be confiscated and held at the Main Table.
Please help us maintain a creative and educational environment by observing this policy.
- At the time of admission, FACE must be made aware of any drug reactions or allergies via the Enrollment Application; Disclosure, Authroization & Release page.
- It is also the parent’s responsibility to make each teacher aware of said allergies.
- Children should NOT attend classes, or beon the premises, when one of the following occurs: the child’s temperature is 100 degrees or higher, the child has diarrhea, or the child has vomited within the last 24 hours.
- When children have been diagnosed with a communicable illness (hepatitis, measles, mumps, diphtheria, rubella, salmonella, tuberculosis, giardia, shigella, etc.) and have been in contact with FACE students, the school staff should be notified as soon aspossible. At the discretion of the director, your child may be excluded from classes for a period of time prescribed by the child’s physician or the local health department. Your child’s confidentiality is maintained. Parents are expected to report exposure to any communicable illness.
Emergency Contact and Emergency Care Authorization information must be provided at enrollment via the Enrollment Application. If a parent is absent, staff members will take necessary action with respect to emergency care.
- First Stage: Our policy at FACE is to use redirection, grace and courtesy. Redirection takes the student out of the difficult situation and presents new options and opportunities. Our understanding of normal development stages and allowing the student the room to grow through those stages are an expression of Grace. Courtesy is the method we use to model the civil, kind and friendly behavior that is desired from the student.
- Second Stage: When first stage discipline actions are not effective, a conference with the FACE director, parent and student must be scheduled to find a solution for the given problem.
- Third Stage: When the discipline program fails and the student is not responding, it is at the director’s discretion to discontinue enrollment.
- We reserve the right, at anytime, to withhold service.
FACE is a “come as you are” environment, we do ask that you use good judgment in choosing attire that would not be distracting to a learning environment.
Public Display of Affection:
Students may hold hands or offer a BRIEF hug of greeting or departure while in the hallways or common areas, anything else MUST be in the PRESENCE of the parent.
Class Gatherings Outside of Classes:
Some classes plan outings, parties, social events, make-up classes, etc... Parents agree to let their students attend these outside gatherings at their sole discretion and risk. FACE has no control over the leadership, supervision, location/facility or activities that are planned outside of scheduled classes and does not accept responsibility for such gatherings.
Avoinding a Conflict of Interest:
FACE admits and gives access for all service to students of any race, color, religion, nationality and ethnic origin. FACE believes that the foundation of the freedom to homeschool is bulit, in part, on the traditional family. Marriage is between one man and one woman. We have consistently lobbied for the preservation of traditional marriage in our law and Constitution. Accordingly, to avoid a conflict of interest, FACE will not accept into teaching, or leadership position, any persons involved in civil unions, polygamy or same sex "marriage" or union.
SUBMISSION OF THESE FORMS IS THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF HAVING READ AND AGREED TO ALL REQUIREMENTS AND POLICES AS STATED.
|Enrollment Form New Family 2016 Type-In.pdf||383.47 KB|